Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 March 2011

EP Art Work Development

Over the past few days I have been working closely with Ayem Beats developing and discussing ideas for my EP artwork. I have been throwing ideas at him to try and make it easier for him to create my vision of what I want the design to look like.

As the EP's called "8:00 AM" I'm going along with a digital time theme for the cover. I'm going to have a modern sleek digital alarm clock design with "8:00 AM" on the clock face. I want the design to have an ambient touch to it as this will reflect on the whole vibe and feel of the EP.
We have both been sending each other pictures of digital clocks so we can base the overall design on a specific look and shape.

Email from Ayem Beats

"I'm really feeling the whole concept/theme you've come up with, I love making those types of covers.

I have attached some images I dug up as well. I didn't have much luck finding stainless steel clocks aside from the first one, but I was able to find some sleek looking ones. I also found some retro looking ones that reminded me of old school music production equipment/synthesizers, but you asked for a modern sleek look so its up to you. If you find any of them interesting let me know.

As far as payment, I usually don't start work on a project until I receive half up front, but since you seem like an honest dude we will worry about the money once everything is said and done.

Let me know what you think and I'll get started on a draft asap.

Regards
Ayem"

Some Designs we've been looking at:





No comments:

Post a Comment